Fruit Infusion for Refreshing Summer Drinks: Beat the Heat Naturally
While summers are all about sun-kissed skin, bikini bodies, and great weather, it is also a season of concern because of the extreme heat. Extreme heat in summer isn’t uncommon nowadays; today, many European countries are experiencing heatwaves and scorching temperatures that are quite fatal. Every year, you will find cases of people fainting or perishing due to the scorching heat, and while we can’t stop you from enjoying all that summer has to offer, we can help protect you.
In times like these, it is best to stay hydrated while also ensuring you get the right minerals and vitamins for proper bodily functioning, and this is where fruit infusions come into play.
What are Fruit Infusions?
Fruit infusions or Infusión de frutas are parts of a fruit, its flower and other parts infused together and served with water or any other liquid as preferred. Think of it as tea but with fruits and not the bitter taste of camellia sinensis leaves. While it’s commonly consumed with water, many cafes and restaurants also add fruit infusions to alcohol and sodas for a spritz of flavor.
Fruit infusions are a refreshing as well as delicious way to beat the heat and are naturally low in calories, making them better than your packed juices, aerated beverages, or store-bought popsicles.
Let us take a look at why you should beat the heat naturally with fruit infusions:
1. Provides Hydration: Staying hydrated is crucial during hot weather, and fruit infusions or infusion teas can contribute to your daily fluid intake. Fruit Infusions add a pleasant flavor that encourages you to drink more, helping you stay hydrated throughout the day.
2. It’s a Natural Refreshment: Fruit infusions or Infusión de frutas teas are naturally refreshing because of their taste and aroma. Citrus infusions such as lemon or pineapple and coconut or forest fruit infusions are great ways to quench your thirst and even cool you down. Moreover, the natural sweetness in such infusions also adds a touch of flavor without the need for added sugars, making them healthier than packed juices, aerated drinks, or power or energy drinks.
3. It provides an Antioxidant boost. Many fruit infusions and fruit teas are rich in antioxidants. This element protects your body from harmful free radicals and even reduces signs of aging. Additionally, antioxidants can reduce inflammation and promote overall well-being.
4. It’s packed with Vitamins and minerals. While plain water is a good way to stay hydrated, fruit infusions not only keep you hydrated but also introduce vitamins and minerals to your diet. Pina colada infusions, which are a combination of coconut and pineapple, for instance, are a great way to get your vitamin C dose and minerals such as potassium, copper, and magnesium. Berries infusions, on the other hand, are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, contributing to your overall health and being ideal for those who need a daily pick-me-up.
5. Say hello to the power of herbs. Some fruit infusion teas also include cooling herbs like mint or lemongrass, which add a refreshing element to the beverage. Mint, in particular, provides a cooling sensation and can help alleviate discomfort caused by heat. Fruit infusions with peppermint or spearmint not only power you through a heated day but also ensure your gut health is exceptional.
To make fruit infusions, you merely need a bag of fruit infusions and hot water. You can check out our online shop to see our selection of fruit infusions and other infusion teas. The best part about infusions is that you can consume them hot or cold, so whether you simply want a nice chilled beverage, you can refrigerate your brew in the fridge for about an hour and serve it cold with ice cubes and garnishing such as mint or a slice of fresh fruit. If, however, you love hot beverages, you can simply seep the infusion bag in hot water and consume it hot.
Remember, hot days require you to stay hydrated, so make sure to have a fruit infusion concoction ready at home or at work at all times. Since these infusions are natural and free from any preservatives or additives, they can be consumed at any time of the day and don’t require any supervision.