Artificial Intelligence – History, Benefits, Types And Training Programs
Anything from the Google algorithm to SIRI’s response is counted in AI. So, what does Artificial intelligence mean? At its core, Artificial intelligence, or simply AI, deals with the questions that machines can think on par with Humans.
History of AI
In 1950 Alan Turing, an English mathematician and Computer scientist, in his paper “Computing Machinery and Intelligence”, first talked about the fundamental question “Can machines think”.
In the 1960s, the US Department of Defense was interested in developing AI and began training their computers to mimic basic human reasoning. They were way ahead of standard technology companies and had developed intelligent personal assistants in 2003, long before Alexa, SIRI, and Cortana became common.
AI in today’s world
Today’s AI is sometimes known as Narrow AI or Weak AI as it is designed to perform narrow tasks like image recognition or to drive a car or internet searches. However, researchers are trying to create General AGI or strong AI, which will outperform humans in nearly every task, unlike the narrow AI.
According to Stuart Russell and Peter Norvig, the authors of the book ‘Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach’, AI has four different approaches that have historically defined the field of AI:
- Thinking humanly
- Acting rationally
- Acting humanly
- Thinking rationally
Types of AI
AI generally has two broad categories
- Narrow AI
- Artificial General Intelligence or AGI
While Narrow AI deals with simple uses of AI, AGI focuses on a more broad and essential aspect of AI like Machine Learning.
What is Machine Learning (ML)
Machine learning or ML is a subset of AI, which forms the vast majority of AI technology. Simply speaking, ML is a straightforward process. It uses an algorithm and statistics to learn from an enormous amount of data. At the same time, the data don’t need to be solely in the form of numbers. Anything which can be used and stored digitally will work as data in a machine learning algorithm. Machine learning finds its use in recognizing patterns, making data-driven predictions in real-time, extracting specific data, and optimizing many processes.
Some of the uses of AI:
- In the Healthcare sector, AI can provide personalized medicine and X-ray readings and act as a life coach.
- In the manufacturing industry, AI can help factories to become more automated and production efficient.
- In online shopping, on sites like Amazon and Flipkart, AI uses your previous search and buying preference to show more personalized products.
- In the Banking sector, AI techniques can identify which transactions are likely to be fraudulent and can successfully flag such transactions.
- AI will create many new avenues in every field, from Biology to energy, retail, manufacturing, healthcare, education, and agriculture.
In today’s world AI finds its use in almost every field, such as teaching students to predict results. This has resulted in many students getting enrolled in AI-based online training programs.
Despite its wide usage and importance, there are many misconceptions and myths regarding AI. One of them is- “What will happen if some AI program suddenly becomes conscious?”
However, that won’t happen anytime soon. Artificial Intelligence has come a long way from its inception, but still, it has a long way to go before becoming a danger to human civilization.
Benefits of AI training programs
- Increase automation
- Increase productivity
- Smart Decision making
- Solve complex problems
- Strengthens economy
- Managing Repetitive tasks
Artificial intelligence training programs
AI helps ease decision making and increases the precision of human efforts and intelligence. It is for this reason that AI is expected to be the next big in all tech companies. Therefore, getting enrolled in any Artificial Intelligence training program will help your resume gain that extra edge and open doors to working with some major tech companies in the world.
Here are some training programs of artificial intelligence-
- Deep learning training- Tensor flow certification
- NLP certification training with python
- Machine learning with Mahout certification training
- Reinforcement learning
- Graphical model certification training