Website Designing – Why Is It Important For Achieving Success In Digital Marketing?
A unique website with high-quality content and compelling offers is a necessity now. When we try to do web designing ourselves without proper knowledge of the strategies that make it work, we are in for a lot of struggle even when we don’t realize it, to begin with.
We need to understand the importance of a good website that continues to provide value to its visitors. This is how we rank well in the search engine results and drive organic traffic to our website. A good website will keep these visitors engaged enough to be able to convert them into loyal customers.
If all this confuses you and you don’t know if your website is ideal, you can ask the experts at Australian Internet Marketing to take a look at your existing website design and make strategies for its optimization. They provide you an option of a seamless transition from your existing website into one that has a conversion rate high enough to keep your business on top of your industry.
Never make these mistakes while designing your website
If you are willing to thrive and make money in the online market, never make the following web design mistakes:
1.Too much and too confusing content without any whitespace:
- When a lot is going on your website and the visitors are not able to find the most pertinent information within the first few seconds, they will leave.
- Continuously adding content even if it is of good quality can cram up the homepage which in turn will also slow down the loading speed of your site.
- This does not mean that you should not add any content, it is essential if you want to rank higher but strategizing what is important for the homepage is the key to success.
- Having good white space between properly arranged valuable content is the right way to design your website.
2. Absence of a strong call-to-action button:
- It is very essential to have a call-to-action button that connects your visitors to the main goal of making a purchase or service.
- In its absence, the audience of your website will not be able to navigate effectively, and most often they will leave.
3. Unclear or hidden navigation:
- Hiding the navigation menu on your website will make the site looks disorganized.
- This will affect your ranking in 2 ways.
- One, Google bots will not be able to index important pages.
- Second, visitors to your website will not be able to find the information they are looking for.
4. Use of irrelevant and generic stock images:
- You can use free stock images. There is nothing wrong with it but be sure to not use the images that are commonly used by everyone in the industry.
- If you are putting images that are relevant to your content and reinforce your brand’s image, then such an image will pull down your website’s ranking.
5. Wrong placement of ads:
- For blog writers, ads bring in income.
- However, too many flashy ads will overpower your content for which the visitors came to your website.
- While designing the website, you must take extra care of where the ads should be placed so that they are clickable but do not take away the attention from your content.
6. High-quality content but lacks targeting:
- You have to write content for the audience and not otherwise.
- When you publish content, it should be written based on what is valuable for your audience.
- Lack of appropriate targeting can make you lose business.
7. Not having a good sitemap for the website:
- Adding too many pages can crowd the website.
- You must have a sitemap that links the most important pages necessary for your business to grow and for your visitors to navigate easily through the most valuable content.
8. Absence of keyword-rich content:
- Keywords are what make you visible in the search engine.
- The absence of target keywords in headlines and title tags can hurt your business.
9. Absence of SEO descriptions:
- SEO description of every page and post on your site is important for your ranking and you should never bypass this important step.
- Slow loading speed:
- Site speed is a very important factor that can make or break your website.
- Not just it lowers your quality score, a poor loading speed of the website makes it lose even the existing audience.
Either you can learn the skills of web designing or invest some money in hiring a professional web designer.
Your investment will not go to waste because a professionally designed website will become a long-term revenue-generating platform for your business in the absence of which you will just have a website that does not rank high enough to be visible on search engine results.